Thursday, April 14, 2016

Apple Carrot Slaw

Lots of things are going on here. I'm working on a fairly large research project, we're getting the house finalized to list, Pete's settling into his job, and the animals continue their routines. While all of that goes on, we still cook almost every night. Cooking provides me a creative outlet. This slaw was inspired by a very complicated slaw recipe, but I wanted something super simple but also sweet. I pair this with tuna cakes (think crab cakes but with canned tuna), but it would be really great with anything grilled or brought to a BBQ.



Ingredients:
1 large carrot
1 sweet apple
5.3oz vanilla or honey flavored Greek Yogurt

Instructions:
Wash the carrot and cut into matchsticks. Wash the apple, cut it into matchsticks and add it to the carrots. Using a fork mix in the yogurt. Try not to eat it all before dinner.


I know it's not very pretty, but it's delicious. I pull out little matchsticks one at a time while cooking the other dinner items. So. Good.





No comments:

Post a Comment