Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Black Bean Burritos, Stuffed Portobellos, and Window Fixing

So tonight we tried some slow cooker black bean burritos. Yes, it's from a vegan cooking blog, don't let it scare you! We used chicken broth instead of veggie, used white rice instead of brown, and we omitted the corn, but they were really good! Peter said he'd prefer them if they had some beef in them (of course he wants beef in a vegan recipe), but they were tasty.



We each made one, I may have over-stuffed mine, and they were very filling. I also made four more, wrapped them in saran wrap and put them in the fridge. I'll freeze them if we don't eat them in the next few days.


Also, I made some stuffed portobello mushrooms for Peter. He can heat them up for lunch or dinner when I'm not home. I bought six portobello sliders, and stuffed them with 2 small tomatoes, 1 large pepper, 1 medium onion, and a few slices of provolone. We'll see how much he likes them in the next few days.



And on Sunday my dad and I tore apart one of our original windows. We pulled out several pieces of rotten frame and three 2x4s. We rebuilt it without buying any lumber, just using the stuff we have stockpiled in the basement (thanks to the previous homeowners). I'm now working on using the wood fill/putty to fill the gaps in the joints and around the pieces we rebuilt that butt against the original pieces. Then I'll work on removing the old caulk, where possible, and re-caulk. This was not on the winterization list, but it needed to get done. At first, I thought I could just remove the rot and just fill it. Then, I put a screwdriver through one of the boards.



No comments:

Post a Comment