Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sangria time

I love summer, it's so warm and full of fresh and delicious produce. I also enjoy the occasional glass of wine. So, for one Sunday "family dinner" I decided to bring along my own wine concoction, which I've now made twice!



I used the basic recipe from Mochachocolata Rita, which I found on Pinterest. I put everything into my fancy drink dispenser, stirred it up, and (for the first batch) drove 45 minutes. Here's what I put in it:

A handful or two of chopped strawberries
One or two pitted and sliced peaches
Half of a lemon, sliced.
2L Lemon-lime soda (to taste)
Cheap red wine (to taste)



The first time I made it, I bought a red Arbor Mist, so I didn't have to use a lot of the soda (I used the whole bottle of wine), but I did add the juice of half of a lemon. The second time I made it with a white merlot (I think?) from Sutter Home. That time I used 3/4 of the 2-liter and all of the wine. You can really choose the wine based on your preferences; I tried to go with fruity, sweet wines, but that's what I generally like to drink. You could also add any type of fruit that's in season or whatever your fruit preferences are.

I set it up with a bucket of ice and a scoop for the fruit. It was yummy and wonderfully refreshing. There was about a third left over, so I took out all of the fruit and poured the rest of the liquid into a container and put it in the fridge. So far it hasn't killed me.

I think this would be great as a wine slushy, but you may need to add some extra alcohol to keep it from completely freezing (depending on the alcohol content of the wine you add).

No comments:

Post a Comment