- Add a touch of oil to the shells, set aside to cool. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the other ingredients, except for the sauce and some mozz, together, I like to use a large wooden spoon
- I use two tablespoons to fill the shells, you could fill a plastic bag, cut a corner, and do it that way (with the lasagna noodles, I spread the cheese on the noodle and roll it up). For a double batch, I usually end up with about half of box of shells unused, I just give them to Pete to eat.
- Fill a baking dish with the filled shells, spread some sauce on the top, your left over mozzarella, then cover with foil.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes. I don't like my shells crispy, but if you do you can take the foil off for the last 10 minutes. Everything should be molten and steamy when done.
- For freezing/storing extra shells: put uncooked shells on a baking sheet and cover in plastic wrap. Freeze for 24 hours, then transfer the shells to freezer bags. I reheat the same way but at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
|Everybody get in the bowl!|
|They looks so nice and neat, my hands did not|
|I think I used a Wegman's brand sauce for this|
|I like cheese...|
|They look good enough to eat, and I did|