Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Weight Watcher's Recipe Trial #1

I'm working on a weight loss goal and I received a great Weight Watchers cookbook for Christmas. I'll hopefully be trying a bunch of these recipes and I know a bunch of other people are looking for good and light recipes.

Chicken and Vegetable Ragu with Herb Dumplings from Weight Watchers Momentum Cookbook


So, I made a few changes. First, I used oil in the pan as opposed to spraying it.


I also used four chicken breasts, I didn't weigh them, so it might have been more than the pound the recipe called for.


This is the biscuit batter. I didn't use the whole wheat flour (I don't have any in the house yet), so I had to modify the recipe a bit. I substituted all-purpose flour and because of that I had to add more than what the recipe called for.


The chicken, potatoes, broth, and onions cooking away. I used Wegman's organic chicken broth, not low-sodium. When we went shopping it was crazy, so I just grabbed the first broth container I found.


It got steamy in there.


Above is a serving (and some water)

The food itself was delicious, but the dumplings needed more salt. Actually, everything needed some salt and pepper. Also, next time I'll substitute green beans for peas, it would be easier to eat. I need to remember to add the thyme, because I forgot it until the very end. It would have added more flavor if I added it when I was supposed to. All in all, this was delicious and I'll make it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment